Background

Thursday, August 2, 2012

New Discoveries

So, my son has discovered his penis and it really took me by surprise at first.  For every diaper change and every bath, he immediately reaches for it!  I knew it started, early but I had no idea it happened at 9 months of age!

I have also discovered his first tooth and made the mistake of letting him bite my finger.  Nope, never again.  We bumped him up to 3rd level foods and his 9 mo check-up went great.  He passed the developmental test, which the doc said was pretty hard to do at this age.  He has evened back out and is rocking 50% in both height and weight.  He weighs almost 20 pounds.

Trip is growing up so fast and I cannot believe he started crawling a couple of weeks ago.  At first he would only scoot backwards, but he got the hang of it in no time.  He loves wires, which makes me a nervous wreck.  He gets bored really easily, but I like to tell myself that means he's going to be super smart :)

He recently started pulling himself up on our furniture, toy bin, and bath tub and he gets so proud of himself when he does it on his own.  I could just eat him up!

At the moment, he isn't in daycare (his new one starts Aug 20th), so my sweet cousin Michelle is watching him a few hours during the day so I can get some work done (which I'm supposed to be doing now :))

I went on my first-ever weekend away and we both did great.  My patience has getting ever-so-thin these days, so I definitely needed to see my friends and get away.  Of course I missed him like crazy and I really missed him in the mornings.  I stayed up until 3:00 Friday night, but my internal clock had me wide awake at 8:00 the next day.  I just can't hang like I used to.  There's so much more, but I gotta run!  Here are some pics!

 I made the mistake of taking his 9 mo pic in the afternoon. Not a happy camper...



We're going to Dallas for the AL/Michigan game, so I'm getting him prepped :)


How can you not want to squeeze him?





I thought he would be way more into these bubbles.  

1 comment:

  1. I just got caught up on your blog!! I love all of the pictures and updates! Can't wait to see you next weekend and then hang out in Dallas!!!

    ReplyDelete