Background

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shower and Nesting

This past weekend my friends threw me a glorious shower! I've never felt so loved! The girls went above and beyond the call of duty and I'm so grateful to have them in my life. The food was enough to feed an entire wedding reception, the decorations were soooo stinkin cute (all from Etsy, thank you Nicole), the flowers, the drinks...everything was amazing. Michael and I got a ton of great stuff for Baby Trip including a floor gym, fold away bath tub, a baby bjorn, blankets, toys, and enough clothes to last a lifetime. Coach brought me all of her nephew's old clothes (a rubbermaid bin full). Between her and Nicole, Trip is set!

I've definitely hit my nesting phase this week. The day before yesterday, I freaked out about our front yard. I didn't even bother changing out of my work clothes, grabbed a shovel, and started digging up weeds. Michael pulled into the driveway, yelled at me to get inside that I was being crazy for being out in this heat, and told me to sit down. I then wanted to clean the bath tub and, again, he told me to sit down that he would take care of that later. Well, I sat down all of five minutes and took off to the nursery and started putting away all the baby shower gifts. Now that I have this burst of energy, I hope I can get a lot more done. I ordered fabric to make curtains for the nursery this morning and cannot wait to see the final result! Pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment