Background

Thursday, February 23, 2012

4 Months


Even though he is only 4 months, I cannot get over how fast it has flown by. I feel like this month brought on some changes (only big in my eyes...hahaha). He is holding his head up pretty well, but not as well as I would like him to. We just started him on rice cereal two nights ago. The first night was a big flop because I didn't mix it thick enough and it just fell out of his mouth. I took him to his 4 month check-up and the doc said everything looks great. He is 25" long and weighs just under 15 lbs. He's right at the 50th percentile, but his head is in the 75th. She said he should be rolling over at 6 months and I hope he does. I don't think he's anywhere close.

We tried rice cereal again last night and below is what happened. Keep in mind, this shot is just of him closing his eyes. He was awake during this picture. He sat sideways the entire time I fed him and it was quite entertaining...


We tried putting him in the jumper, but when he only kicks his head sideways and can't hold it up, nevertheless jump, it didn't work too well. He doesn't scream when we put him in the Bumbo, so I guess that's progress?




The women at daycare love him, even though, like every baby, he has his fussy days.






I have to say, just supplementing the rice cereal for one feeding is a huge load off my back. I nurse for a little bit, and then feed him the rice cereal, and so far so good. Then, around 9:00 or 10:00 I give him a formula bottle for his dream feed. He seems to be sleeping better, considering he's been very stopped up for the past week. I hope it keeps up. Doc said that we can start him on baby food after a few days, so I'm really excited to see what he takes to.




No comments:

Post a Comment