Background

Monday, January 7, 2013

Tis the Season!

Whew!  We had a busy holiday season!  For Christmas, we stayed at Mom's house from Saturday through Wednesday.  Trip did pretty well considering he was out of his comfort zone, and his schedule was way off staying up late with family/dinners/etc.  He stayed with Dad and Pat on Sunday night and they said he was so great, so I was happy to hear that.  He got entirely too many presents, but that's what happens with the first grandbaby I guess :)


Loved his Christmas play set from Pat!


Playing at gma DD's


NOT a fan of Santa.  Maybe next year :)


Michael reading "A Night Before Christmas"  Can you tell how terribly tired little man is?

I've started introducing more and more table food and I'm trying to overcome the fear of choking.  He still doesn't like meat all that much and spits out even the smallest bits of ground beef in pasta.  He's walking like crazy now, arms up, Frankenstein-style :)  He gets so proud of himself and it's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  


He absolutely refuses to say "mama" no matter how hard I try.  

While we were at Mom's over Christmas, Trip had another ear infection (two back to back).  That made four ear infections in three months, so he is getting tubes put in tomorrow.  I'm nervous, but I'm so thankful he's getting them put in.  I just hate seeing him so miserable.  

For New Year's I went down to see Beth since I couldn't make it down for her actual 30th birthday.  Coach met up with us and we went out in Destin.  It was a much-needed break and I forgot how much I missed and needed to see my friends!  


As I look over this past year, I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Trip has blessed our lives more than I could have ever imagined.  I have a wonderful and supportive husband, terrific friends, a beautiful baby, and great family.  Moving into 2013, I'm so excited to see what's to come.  Until next time, tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment