Background

Monday, July 18, 2011

Fail

This weekend Michael's mother came into town and we did a little shopping for the baby's crib. After a long day of registering and shopping around, we found a crib! I'm so grateful to have such generous in-laws!!! It was a pretty stressful day all-around because we had a hard time matching the crib to the furniture that my mom has refinished. It's a gorgeous crib...





As far as registering goes, that was a whole different level of stress. I found myself just staring at products wondering which brand to choose and even what products were used for what. I mean, really? A nipple guard?


Lately, for some reason, I've been surrounded by creepy boy babies/kids. True Blood is one of our favorite shows of all time and there is a little boy baby that is possessed or something, but he writes creepy things on walls and has a super weird doll that follows him around. We also watched Insidious over the weekend..."it's not the house that is haunted, it's the boy". This is not helping the whole bad mother/ugly baby/weird baby/tragic dream situation.


Two of my friends had babies last week and I was just reminded of how fast this pregnancy has gone. It seems like they just told me the news, and I'm starting to have a little anxiety of how soon Trip will be here. I had my first sugar test this morning and I failed...miserably. I was supposed to stay below 140 and it was 165. I have to go back for the three hour test Monday and I'm also anaemic. I think I've been getting into the mint chocolate chip ice cream too much because I've never had any problems in that department. If I have to curb my carb and sugar intake from here on out, I just don't know if I can cope. Trip was measuring at 27 weeks, so I'm not sure if that means I do have gestational diabetes because he's big, or that I'm just ahead of schedule. That little guy has been moving like crazy and I love it. I can't wait to meet him!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you all got a crib! Time really does fly by - believe me!!!! Caroline was in the tub today floating on her stomach and "talking" to me....CRAZY! I wouldn't worry too much about the sugar test....most people have to go back and have the 3 hour test. It could have been what you ate the night before or that morning. Hope to get to see you all soon!!!

    ReplyDelete