Background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's on like donkey kong

I passed the sugar test! Whoop whoop!! It's completely cruel to make a pregnant girl fast, so to celebrate I picked up a foot long sub, starbucks, and a cookie after it was all said and done. It was glorious!

I feel like I've hit warp-speed in my pregnancy and in just a few days I will be in the third trimester. Sooo friggin weird! This past weekend my dad came into town and we had such a nice visit. He, Jared, and Michael played golf Saturday and we grilled out that night. On Sunday, we went shopping and dad bought us a bad-ace glider that reclines. In theory, the nursery is coming along swimmingly, but I still only have the changing table and crib mattress in there so far. We are going to pick up the crib tonight and the glider should arrive in a few weeks. My mom is working on the dresser right now and said the chandelier is painted and ready to go. I can't wait to put everything together!

I went and visited a friend last night who had her little girl less than two weeks ago. I think I've officially got baby fever and it has kicked in that I'm going to be a mother in a few months. It was so good seeing her. Even though she's been paving the way for me and giving me all the dirty details about what's to come, I think I'm ready. Her little girl has her nights and days mixed up and their lives are completely different, but I can't wait for my turn. Tootles!

1 comment:

  1. you are going to be a great mom!!!! so happy for you on the sugar test!!!! That is a huge relief! can't wait to see pics of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete