Background

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day care nightmare and my stupidity continues...

Well, so far not so good on the day care search. I cannot believe that there isn't an easier way to find a day care in Birmingham, AL. I have called on twenty day cares and have visited seven. The most horrifying thing that can happen when you are searching for one, is walking in and seeing the director covered in tattoos with a gold tooth and hearing:

"Wellstt I gotz 6 kidz, so you knowz, I have expuurience"

Oh and the place smelled like urine, but no worries, they lit a candle. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. On the other hand, I have walked into some with the most angelic grandmother of a woman rocking a baby in a quiet, glorious infant room, and knew I had to take my kid there. The price tag? Oh just $900-$1000 per month. That's another mortgage payment! I'm going to have to sell a kidney on the black market to keep my kid away from the ghetto day cares if that's what it take, but geez, I just want some sort of in-between!

Now, for my stupidity. This past weekend was Easter and I spent time with the family. Saturday night we decided to watch The Ten Commandments, which I had never seen before. During dinner I looked at my brother and asked, "Now, I know this is a dumb question, but were Jesus and Moses friends?" Wow. Everyone just had a look of sadness on there face and Michael made the obvious suggestion that we attend church more often. Needless to say, I'm in the market for a day care and a church, so I'm open to suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. I love how honest you are on your blog, and once again y'all are welcome to come with us to church anytime. Mountain Brook Community Church. Let's get together soon.

    ReplyDelete