Background

Monday, April 18, 2011

Doctor's Visit

I had my second check-up this morning and everything looks great! I heard the baby's heartbeat on the little doppler thingy and it was 156 beats per minute. I was told I don't have HIV or Syphilis. I was super worried, so that's a relief :) Juuuuuust kidding. I was very happy to hear that I can have the big ultrasound at the next visit (May 23rd) where we find out the sex!! Woo hoo!! I was anxious about this visit because I literally haven't felt pregnant at all and it was freaking me out. Once I heard that tiny heartbeat again, I felt comfortable to do the facebook announcement. Geez, what has this world come to. I have actually lost weight (only a pound, but still) in the first trimester, but the doctor assured me that I will be gaining weight in no time. I never thought I would be ready to have a huge belly, but I am. I'll be eating my words in 5 months, but right now, I just want to pop right on out there. And, I'm DYING to feel the little tadpole move around. This week it gets fingerprints and a weird coating thingy that protects the skin. It all seems so sci-fi to me, but amazing at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment